Skip to content
Fitting a bath
- Draw a level line on the wall where the bottom of the lip will go.
- Fix a wooden batten down the side and across the end.
- Cut the pipes ready to plumb in, I do up the nuts withthe bath out and use the push fits as the last connection, measure up the location of the waste and assemble the pipework.
- I wanted this bath lower than usual hence the hole in the screede.
- Then silicone the top of the batten and the wall and set the bath on the batten, silicone the top edge.
- My memory is vague but I think that I threw the legs away and built a nice wood frame to support the side and end and oak panelled it in. No problems yet (2017)